Yamaha FG-TA TransAcoustic Guitar - Black
- Yamaha FG-TA TransAcoustic guitars transport you to new creative spaces with immersive reverb and lush chorus effects, without needing an amp or other external gear.
Yamaha FG-TA TransAcoustic guitars transport you to new creative spaces with immersive reverb and lush chorus effects, without needing an amp or other external gear. For the singer/songwriter in you, the FG-TA features a combination of solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and scalloped bracing to create warmth, resonance and a bold sound.
- Traditional western body
- Solid spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Amazing sounding reverb/chorus built-into the guitar with no need for external amplification or effects
- New scalloped bracing for louder, richer acoustic sound
- Built-in reverb and chorus effects – no need for an amp or other external gear
|Body Shape||Traditional Western|
|Scale Length||650mm (25 9/16”)|
|Body Length||505mm (19 7/8")|
|Total Length||1038mm (40 7/8")|
|Body Width||412mm (16 1/4")|
|Body Depth||100-118mm (3 15/16" - 4 5/8")|
|Nut Width||43mm (1 11/16")|
|String Spacing *||11.0mm|
|Top Material||Solid Spruce|
|Fingerboard Radius||R400mm (15 3/4")|
|Bridge Pins||Black ABS with White Dot|
|Soundhole Inlay||Black + White|
|Controls||Reverb / Chorus / TA Switch / Line Out Vol|
|Strings||Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light|
An actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back resonates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations generated by the actuator are then transmitted to the body of the guitar and to the air in and around it, resulting in authentic reverb and chorus sounds that actually radiate from within the body.
Three simple controls adjust the effects levels and line out volume level. The small knobs occupy less space, reducing the acoustic sound loss that results from removing body wood.
(A) Chorus Control
(B) Reverb Control (Room / Hall)
(C) TA Switch / Line Out Volume Control
* Pressing the TA Switch for longer than 0.3 seconds activates the TA function.
* When a cable is connected to the Line Out jack, the volume can be adjusted by rotating knob (C).
* The reverb type switches from Room to Hall around the 12:00 position.
The battery box is integrated into the end-pin jack, requiring fewer holes in the body and thus reducing acoustic sound loss. Connect a cable from the jack to a PA or amp to use the TA instrument as an acoustic-electric guitar.