Waves Audio eMotion LV1 Live Mixer – 64 Stereo Channels
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 44 buss/return channels, 16 monitor auxes and 8 FX auxes (stereo/mono), 8 audio groups, L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes (stereo/mono).
Join a New Era of Live Sound Mixing
As a live sound engineer, you probably want three things in your show: great sound quality, quick & easy operation of your console, and minimum last-minute surprises. eMotion LV1 gives you all three – and it does it in a way that’s revolutionary.
eMotion LV1 is a digital software mixer based on Waves SoundGrid® technology, which can run on your PC or Mac. This means several things:
- It means you have the sound quality you’ve come to expect from Waves, right there in your console’s mix engine. It also means that you have pinpoint-precision control over your sound by running however many plugins you want from the console itself.
- It means you have all the flexibility that software allows when it comes to operating your console quickly and easily, whether you are using multi-touch screens or any other control surface.
- And it means that your console is 100% portable, helping you be 100% prepared in advance for your show.
Control Your Sound with Pinpoint Precision
eMotion LV1 gives you pristine audio quality and detailed control over your sound. This is a result of three advantages:
- The mixer has a 32-bit floating point mix engine that represents the pinnacle of Waves’ accomplishments in the field of audio.
- eMotion LV1’s channel strip—its basic EQ, filters and dynamics processing—is provided by Waves eMo plugins that are optimized for live environments, with transparent sound, zero latency, and a user interface specifically designed for quick operation, clarity and efficiency.
- Each of the mixer’s channels has its own plugin rack, with room for 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins. This means that nothing stands between your mixing console and your processors—all your plugins are now controlled directly from the mixer itself.
Up to 64 channels, 8 plugins each – you do the math of the massive mixing possibilities open to you, and what they can do for your sound.
Operate the Console Quickly & Easily
Every aspect of the eMotion LV1 interface has been designed to meet your needs when it most counts. Here are just a few of the features that will make your life easier during the show:
- The main mixer window gives you all the most important info you need at a glance – all channel inputs and parameters, routing, plugin inserts and more – with additional windows providing more detailed views.
- Channel window for focused control of your plugins, including a Touch-and-Slide slider for quick & easy control of all plugin parameters.
- Flexible control of your plugins racks – instantly switch the order of plugins within each rack, copy plugins and their presets from channel to channel, add hardware processors as external inserts on your plugin racks, and much more.
- Support for up to four multi-touch screens, as well as diverse industry-standard control surfaces.
- The exact same user-friendly interface, no matter which display or control device you are using.
MyMon: Personal Monitor Mixing App for the LV1
Designed exclusively for eMotion LV1, MyMon is a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices that gives performers on stage detailed control over their individual monitor mixes, directly from their mobile phone or tablet.
Up to 16 performers on stage can use MyMon at the same time. They can adjust volume levels per channel, mute or pan each channel, apply post-mix master bus EQ over their monitor mix, link channels to custom single-fader groups, and more. The app adjusts to landscape or portrait modes.
MyFOH: Remote Control App for eMotion LV1
MyFOH is a remote control tablet app for the eMotion LV1 live mixer. It allows front-of-house engineers to control the LV1 over wi-fi, from any iPad or Android tablet, and shape the live mix from anywhere in the venue.
With MyFOH, you can make mix decisions as soon as you hear them, from various locations in the venue. You can decide more confidently about levels, panning, FX sends etc.—and ultimately create a better mix.
Take Your Mixer Anywhere – Always Be Prepared
All digital mixers with a software interface let you edit your sessions offline, without audio, when you’re away from the live venue. eMotion LV1 goes one huge step further by letting you actually mix your sessions, with audio, no matter where you are.
Here’s how it works. To use eMotion LV1 with audio, you need to connect the PC or Mac running the mixer to SoundGrid-compatible devices – an audio interface and a server. But here’s the beauty of it: these can be any computer, any SoundGrid interface, any SoundGrid server – not necessarily the ones you’ll be using at the actual show. At the venue, your computer may be a desktop with large touchscreen monitors – but at home, you can use a small laptop or tablet. At the venue, you can take advantage of the SoundGrid network to connect any number of large interfaces with lots of I/O, as well as extra mixers, extra DAWs for playback and recording. You can also share stageboxes between multiple mixers used at FOH and monitors. But at home, in your hotel room, or on the tour bus, you can use as little as a small server and a compact, lightweight interface in order to mix.
This means that you can always take your full mixing system – as many as 64 stereo channels, limitless processing – in a small carry-on bag or even a backpack. Run a pre-recorded audio session on the LV1, and work on your actual audio mix well ahead of the show – anytime, anyplace.
Build a Super-System
Need to share your inputs with a monitor or broadcast engineer? Connect multiple eMotion LV1 mixers to the same network switch, and share any I/O device – stageboxes, DAWs, computer drivers – between them. This way you can easily share playback tracks, synths, software instruments etc. between multiple eMotion LV1 systems. This means you can get your sources from the stage to multiple destinations at the same time, with separate gain control for each engineer and without having to split the signal with dedicated gear.
Intuitive Tactile Control For Emotion Lv1 (Optional)
Co-engineered by Waves Audio and expert MIDI control manufacturer MIDIPLUS, Waves FIT (sold separately) is the ultimate hands-on control unit for the eMotion LV1 live mixer. With 16+1 motorized 100mm faders, scribble displays, multi-function rotary controls, fader layers, user-assignable controls, and more – FIT is designed to offer live sound engineers quick, efficient, and intuitive eMotion LV1 operation.
In addition to common controls like Mute, Solo, Select, and a multi-function rotary control, FIT features 1-8 fader layer switches for toggling between the LV1’s 8 factory (or custom) fader layers. The 16 rotary controls can be set to control preamp gain or pan per channel with their label shown in the display, and the 16 Select channel toggles can be set to ‘USER’ mode to provide easy access to Mute Groups and user-assignable keys with their text labels displayed.
This versatile device also offers a Tap Tempo pad, a Touch & Turn knob for controlling any eMotion LV1 parameter. This compact control unit weighs only 9.43 lbs and can be fitted with the included rack ears into a 19” 7U rack space.
|eMotion LV1 64 CH|
|Auxes (Stereo/Mono) – Total||24|
|Master Channels||L/R/C Mono|
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 44 buss/return channels
- Run 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins directly on each channel
- Channel strip processing provided by Waves eMo plugins
- 16 monitor auxes and 8 FX auxes (stereo/mono), 8 audio groups, L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes (stereo/mono)
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable shortcut keys
- Includes the MyFOH Remote Control App for eMotion LV1
- Create your own custom layers for super-quick workflow
- 32-bit floating point mix engine; up to 96 kHz sample rate
- Compatible with industry-standard controllers, including Waves FIT
- Includes the MyMon personal monitoring app for eMotion LV1
- Integrates smoothly with the Dugan Speech automixer plugin
- Connect & share up to 16 stageboxes, expansion slots or DAWs
- Share the same stagebox between multiple LV1’s at FOH and monitors
- Windows/Mac 64 bit-compatible