Product Code: 0107112841
Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster®
- Formidable Shred Style Still the foremost and most formidable practitioner of the genre, Yngwie Malmsteem practically invented neo-classical shred singlehandedly. The guitar he [...]
Formidable Shred StyleStill the foremost and most formidable practitioner of the genre, Yngwie Malmsteem practically invented neo-classical shred singlehandedly. The guitar he has always done it with is a Stratocaster, and for those who aspire to Malmsteen's flamboyantly fleet-fingered style, the Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster is modeled after the Swedish metal virtuoso's favorite Strat®, right down to its special pickups and scalloped fingerboard. A distinctively designed model for one of the world's most distinctive Strat masters.
- Machine screw-mount maple neck with modern "C" profile and "bullet" truss rod
- 9.5"-radius scalloped maple or rosewood fingerboard with brass nut and 21 "super jumbo" frets
- Three Seymour Duncan® YJM Fury™ pickups with three-way switching
- "No-load" tone control for bridge and middle pickups
- Aged plastic control knobs, switch tip and pickup covers
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishPolyurethane
- Body ShapeStratocaster®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck ShapeModern "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets21
- Fret SizeSuper Jumbo
- Nut MaterialBrass
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodBullet Style
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan® YJM Fury™ Strat® STK-S10B
- Middle PickupSeymour Duncan® YJM Fury™ Strat® STK-S10N
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan® YJM Fury™ Strat® STK-S10N
- ControlsMaster Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
- Switching3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware FinishChrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard3-Ply White
- Control KnobsAged White Plastic
- Switch TipAged White
- Neck Plate4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- StringsFender® USA Bullets® 3250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0733250403
- Other FeaturesSpecial Refined '60's Shape Neck, Machine Screw Neck Mounting Inserts, Bullet Truss Rod Nut, Scalloped Fingerboard, Flush Mounted Dunlop® Straplok® System Strap Retainers, Modified Body Contours, Brass Nut, Large '60s Styled Headstock, Jumbo Fretwire, Aged Pickup Covers, Aged Plastic Parts
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagVintage Tweed Case
- Included AccessoriesVintage Tweed Case, Yngwie Malmsteen Strap, Cable
A big part of Malmsteen’s dazzling neo-classical technique is enabled by scalloped fingerboard on which the fingers make contact only with the strings and not with the wood of the fingerboard itself. This allows a lighter touch, greater speed and improved grip on the strings, facilitating effortless string bending, pull offs and tapping technique.
Seymour Duncan® YJM Fury Pickups
The Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster is armed with three specially voiced Seymour Duncan® YJM single-coil-size hum-canceling pickups ideal for rock, neo-classical, shred, hard rock and metal.
Super Jumbo Frets
When these taller, wider frets are combined with the scalloped fingerboard of the Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster, bending notes becomes an entirely different and phenomenal experience.
Nitrocellulose Lacquer Neck Finish
This thin finish on the back of the neck lets the wood breather with greater resonance, further contributing to the remarkable tone of Malmsteen’s signature Strat.
Three-Way Pickup Switch
The Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster features old-school three-way pickup switching, giving you the bridge pickup alone, the middle pickup alone and the neck pickup alone.
Among its many high-performance features, the fingerboard of this instrument has a brass nut for enhanced sustain and brighter tone.