VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA
For players who want the style and sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera® ‘70s Telecaster® Deluxe. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this guitar has all of the authentic bite and twang that made the Telecaster a legend.
We recreated the pair of Wide Range humbucking pickups to sound more like the originals. Bold and fat-sounding, they have the punchy tone that’s inspired musicians for over four decades. The “Thin C”-shaped neck has a 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge with six saddles gives this Telecaster accurate intonation, while “F”-stamped tuning machines offer period-correct aesthetics, classic feel and rock-solid tuning stability. Other features include vintage-style strap buttons, chrome hardware and three-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two Wide Range humbucking pickups
- “Thin C”-shaped maple neck; 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Vintage-style string-through-body hardtail Strat bridge with six saddles
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeTelecaster®
- Body BindingNone
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck BindingNone
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck ShapeThin "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets21
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodBullet Style
- Bridge PickupFender® Wide Range Humbucking
- Neck PickupFender® Wide Range Humbucking
- ControlsVolume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge6-Saddle Vintage-Style Strat® Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control KnobsSkirted Amp Knobs
- Switch TipAged White
- Neck Plate3-Bolt "F" Stamped with Micro-Tilt™
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Gig Bag
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
“THIN C” NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the “Thin C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a period-correct playing feel that’s comfortable for all players.
REVOICED WIDE RANGE HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
We revoiced the pickups to be more 70s-accurate. They’re clear and articulate, with improved string-to-string volume balance.
Hosting 21 medium-jumbo frets, the 9.5”-radius fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument.
VINTAGE-STYLE STRAT HARDTAIL BRIDGE
This Telecaster incorporates a classic Fender hardtail bridge with a rock-solid string-through-body design and six saddles for pinpoint-accurate intonation.
‘70s-STYLE “F” TUNING MACHINES
These tuning machines offer the look and feel of classic machines with the added benefit of enhanced tuning stability.