VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA
For players who want the style and sound of the Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera® ‘70s Jazz Bass®. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this bass has all the growl that made the J Bass® famous.
For authentic tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazz Bass pickups to sound more like the originals. Gritty and growling, they have the tone that made the J Bass popular. The “'70s C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius bound fingerboard with pearloid block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and ‘70s vintage-style stamped open-gear tuning machines offer original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include 34” scale length, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two ‘70s Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- “'70s C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius bound fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and pearloid block inlays
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles; “F”-stamped open-gear tuning machines
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Gig Bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeJazz Bass®
- Body BindingNone
- Bridge PickupVintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck PickupVintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- ControlsVolume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Bridge4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Pickguard3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control KnobsVintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck BindingWhite
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck Shape'70s "C"
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeVintage
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Pearloid Block
- Truss RodVintage-Style
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
“'70s C” NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the “'70s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a vintage-style playing feel—thinner at the first fret, thicker at the twelfth.
REVOICED 70s J BASS PICKUPS
We revoiced the pickups to be more ‘70s-accurate. They’re full of the growling, punchy tone that made Fender famous.
Featuring 20 vintage-style frets, the 7.25”-radius bound fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument, while pearloid block inlays are an aesthetic touch.
VINTAGE-STYLE 4-SADDLE BRIDGE
Hosting 4 threaded saddles for period-correct aesthetics, this bridge offers solid intonation and action adjustment.
STAMPED TUNING MACHINES
A way cool touch from the ‘70s, the open-gear tuning machines are stamped with the famous Fender logo.