VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA
For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to contemporary features, we created the Vintera® ‘60s Telecaster® Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics—this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.
For modern Fender tone we recreated the pair of ‘60s single-coil Telecaster pickups then kicked things up a bit by increasing the output. Twangy and articulate, they have the power you need for any style of music. The "60s C"-shaped neck has a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets for modern playing feel. A vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass saddles gives this Telecaster it’s characteristic twang, while 4-way switching gives you even more tonal variety. Series wiring makes this Tele sound fat, like a humbucking pickup, while the S-1™ switch puts the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone. Other features include vintage-style tuning machines and strap buttons, chrome hardware and four-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two Hot ‘60s Tele single-coil pickups
- "60s C"-shaped maple neck with satin back finish; 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass barrel saddles
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeTelecaster®
- Body BindingNone
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck BindingNone
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck Shape'60s "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets21
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Dot
- Truss RodVintage-Style
- Bridge PickupVintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Tele®
- Neck PickupVintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Tele®
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- Switching4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Bridge3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesVintage-Style
- Pickguard3-Ply Mint Green
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- Switch TipBlack
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Gig Bag
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
"60s C" NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the "60s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a substantial playing feel.
HOT 60s TELE PICKUPS
We redesigned this guitar’s pickups. They’re packed with the bell-like, highly articulate tone that made Fender famous—only hotter.
Comfortable for chording and single-note playing alike, the fingerboard offers modern feel thanks to its 9.5” radius and medium-jumbo frets, which make it easier to bend accurately.
VINTAGE-STYLE 3-SADDLE BRIDGE
This Telecaster incorporates a vintage-style bridge with string-through-body design and three chrome “barrel” saddles for extra bite.
FOUR-WAY & S-1 SWITCHING
We added a series wiring option to make this Tele sound giant, while the S-1 switch puts the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone.