Fender Vintera® '60s Jazzmaster® Modified
- VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to contemporary features, we created the [...]
VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA
For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to contemporary features, we created the Vintera® ‘60s Jazzmaster® Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics—this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.
For modern Fender® tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazzmaster pickups, kicking things up a bit by increasing the output. The warm, smooth-sounding neck pickup is balanced by the bright, cutting bridge pickup. The “Modern C”-shaped neck has a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets for modern playing feel. An Adjusto-matic™ bridge is paired to Jazzmaster floating tremolo and vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include the classic lead/rhythm circuit, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two Hot ‘60s Jazzmaster wide single-coil pickups
- “Modern C”-shaped maple neck with satin back finish; 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Jazzmaster floating tremolo and Adjusto-matic bridge
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeJazzmaster®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck Construction4-Bolt
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck ShapeModern "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets21
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Dot
- Truss RodVintage-Style
- Bridge PickupVintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Jazzmaster®
- Neck PickupVintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Jazzmaster®
- ControlsLead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- BridgeAdjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesVintage-Style
- Pickguard4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control KnobsAged White
- Switch TipAged White
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagIncluded: Deluxe Gig Bag
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
“MODERN C” NECK PROFILE
The “Modern C”-shaped profile is designed for comfort and performance. The smooth satin back finish makes it play even faster.
HOT 60s JAZZMASTER PICKUPS
We redesigned this guitar’s pickups. They’re packed with the bell-like, articulate tone that made Fender famous—only hotter.
Comfortable for chording and single-note playing alike, the 9.5”-radius fingerboard offers modern feel thanks to its medium-jumbo frets, while also making wide bends easier in the upper registers.
ADJUSTO-MATIC BRIDGE AND TREMOLO
The Adjusto-matic bridge offers stable saddles and better intonation, while moving the tremolo closer to the bridge provides a better break angle and reduces ringing.
This circuit makes it easy to dial-in a preset rhythm or lead sound and switch between the two on the fly—great for live performances.