VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA
For players who want the style and sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘60s Jazz Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with recreated ‘60s pickups—this bass has all of the growl that made the J Bass® famous.
For authentic, original-era tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazz Bass pickups to sound more like the originals. Gritty and growling, they have the tone that made the J Bass popular. The “Mid '60s C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and reverse, open-gear tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include 34” scale length, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two ‘60s Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- “Mid '60s C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles; reverse open-gear tuning machines
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Gig Bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeJazz Bass®
- Body BindingNone
- Bridge PickupVintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck PickupVintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- ControlsVolume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Bridge4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesAmerican Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control KnobsVintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck BindingNone
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck ShapeMid '60s "C"
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeVintage
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Dot
- Truss RodVintage-Style
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
“Mid '60s C” NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the “Mid '60s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a vintage-style playing feel—thinner at the first fret, thicker at the twelfth.
REVOICED 60s J BASS PICKUPS
We revoiced the pickups to be more ‘60s-accurate. They’re full of the growling, punchy tone that made Fender famous.
Hosting 20 vintage-style frets, the 7.25”-radius fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument.
VINTAGE-STYLE 4-SADDLE BRIDGE
Hosting 4 threaded saddles for period-correct aesthetics, this bridge offers solid intonation and action adjustment.
VINTAGE-STYLE TUNING MACHINES
A way cool touch from the ‘60s, the reverse open-gear tuning machines offer a dash of style from the Flower Power decade.