Fender Vintera® '50s Telecaster® Modified
- For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to modern features, we created the Vintera® ‘50s Telecaster® Modified. Blending classic [...]
For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to modern features, we created the Vintera® ‘50s Telecaster® Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics—this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.
For modern Fender® tone we included a pair of Custom Shop pickups, kicking things up a bit with a vintage-style bridge pickup and fat-sounding Twisted Tele neck pickup. Twangy and articulate, they have the crisp, snarling sound that put Fender on the musical map. For modern playing feel, we added 21 medium-jumbo frets to the 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard that sits atop the “Thick Soft V”-shaped neck. A vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass saddles gives this Telecaster it’s characteristic twang, while 4-way switching and the S-1™ switch give you even more tonal variety. Series wiring makes this Tele sound fat, like a humbucking pickup, while the S-1 switch places the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone. Other features include vintage-style strap buttons, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Alder or ash body
- Custom shop vintage-style Tele single-coil bridge pickup; Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup
- “Thick Soft V”-shaped maple neck with satin back finish; 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Four-way switching and S-1 switch
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeTelecaster®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Neck ShapeThick Soft "V"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets21
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodVintage-Style
- Bridge PickupCustom Shop Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck PickupCustom Shop "Twisted" Single-Coil Tele®
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- Switching4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Special ElectronicsS-1™ Switch, Up Position: In Phase/Down Position: Out of Phase
- Bridge3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesVintage-Style
- Pickguard1-Ply Black
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- Switch TipBlack
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagIncluded: Deluxe Gig Bag
ALDER OR ASH BODY
Alder’s tone is balanced, with equal doses of lows, mids and highs; ash features chiming highs, well-defined midrange and strong low end. Both are classic Fender tone woods.
THICK “SOFT V” NECK PROFILE
Based on a “Late 50s V” profile that’s been slightly rounded, the "Soft V" neck profile has a distinctly comfortable fretting-hand feel, is a bit thicker and fills the hand nicely.
CUSTOM SHOP PICKUPS
We matched a Custom Shop vintage-style single-coil bridge pickup with a fat-sounding Twisted Tele neck pickup, for howling, girthy tone.
Comfortable for chording and single-note playing alike, the 9.5”-radius fingerboard offers modern feel thanks to its medium-jumbo frets, while also making wide bends easier in the upper registers.
VINTAGE-STYLE 3-SADDLE BRIDGE
This Telecaster incorporates a stylishly classic bridge with a rock-solid string-through-body design and three brass “barrel” saddles for authentic tone.
FOUR-WAY & S-1 SWITCHING
We added a series wiring option to make this Tele sound giant, while the S-1 switch puts the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone.