VINTAGE STYLE FOR THE MODERN ERA
For players who want the style and sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘50s Precision Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with a re-voiced pickup—this bass has all of the punchy tone that made the P Bass® famous.
For authentic, original-era tone we re-voiced the single split-coil P Bass pickup to sound more like the original. Seismic and punchy, it has the tone that made the P Bass one of the most popular electric basses. The “Vintage C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include an anodized aluminum pickguard, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder or ash body
- Single ‘50s P Bass split-coil pickup
- “Vintage C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Gig Bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapePrecision Bass®
- Body BindingNone
- Middle PickupVintage-Style '50s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- ConfigurationSplit Single Coil
- Bridge4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesAmerican Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck BindingNone
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck ShapeVintage "C"
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeVintage
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodVintage-Style
ALDER OR ASH BODY
Alder’s tone is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs; ash features chiming highs, well-defined midrange and strong low end. Both are classic Fender tone woods.
“VINTAGE C” NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the “Vintage C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a vintage-style playing feel—thinner at the first fret, thicker at the twelfth.
REVOICED 50s P BASS PICKUP
We revoiced the pickup to be more ‘50s-accurate. It’s full of the punchy, rumbling tone that made Fender famous.
Hosting 20 vintage-style frets, the 7.25”-radius fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument.
VINTAGE-STYLE 4-SADDLE BRIDGE
Hosting 4 threaded saddles for period-correct aesthetics, this bridge offers solid intonation and action adjustment.
ANODIZED ALUMINUM PICKGUARD
A way cool touch from the ‘50s, the anodized aluminum pickguard gives this bass a vintage vibe that’s unbeatable.