Product Code: 0970753006
Fender Villager™ 12-String
- With its authentic "hockey stick" headstock from the 1960s, the Villager™ 12-String joins the ranks of Fender's California Player series acoustics. Originally [...]
With its authentic "hockey stick" headstock from the 1960s, the Villager™ 12-String joins the ranks of Fender's California Player series acoustics. Originally introduced in 1965, today's Villager 12-String has been updated for the modern player's needs with a gloss black finish, comfortable cutaway Newporter shape and high-quality Fishman® electronics. Acoustically, this solid spruce-topped guitar offers all the chiming resonance you expect from a great 12-string.
- Fender-exclusive Newporter body shape
- Fishman® pickup/preamp system
- Black painted solid spruce top; painted mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; walnut fingerboard and bridge
- Matching painted 6-in-line Villager “hockey stick” headstock
- Body BackLaminated Mahogany
- Body SidesLaminated Mahogany
- Body TopSolid Spruce
- Body FinishGloss Poly
- Body ShapeNewporter
- Body BindingAged White
- BracingForward Shifted Scalloped X
- Rosette2-Ring B/W/B
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane
- Neck ShapeSlim "C"
- Scale Length24.72" (628 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialWalnut
- Fingerboard Radius12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width1.77" (45 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Dot
- ControlsVolume, Bass, Treble
- BridgeModern Viking
- Bridge PinsCream Colored with Black Dots
- Hardware FinishNickel
- Tuning MachinesSealed Nickel
- Pickguard3-Ply Gold
- StringsFender® 70-12L, 80/20 Bronze (.010-.048 Gauges), PN 0730070423
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
Unique Fender Body Shape
This guitar's unique body shape is a Fender exclusive, giving it a vintage-inspired look with a modern twist.
Solid Spruce Top
Spruce is the standard modern tone wood for fashioning the tops of acoustic guitars and other acoustic instruments—few woods can beat its strength, brightness and dynamic range, and it responds well to any acoustic playing style.
Fishman Preamp and Tuner
Complete with tuner, frequency (bass, middle and treble) and phase controls, this collaboration in preamp design is specially voiced for each California Series body shape.
6-in-line Matching Painted Headstock
The matching painted 6-in-line headstock on this guitar is immediately recognizable and exudes classic Fender vibe. It also provides considerable strength and resistance to “whiplash” that can severely damage most traditional acoustics.
Slim-Taper "C"-Shaped Mahogany Neck
The supremely comfortable slim-taper "C"-shaped mahogany neck has outstanding fret-hand feel that's suitable for any playing style and enhances the overall volume and liveliness of the guitar.
Walnut Fingerboard and Bridge
With a pleasingly dark look, smooth feel and vibrant tone, walnut is an excellent tone wood for crafting quality acoustic instrument bridges and fingerboards.