Built for a Legend
Well known as the Grammy-winning founder of influential U.S. punk band Rancid, Tim Armstrong is also well respected as a producer and indie label owner. But as a songwriter, he has always turned to his old Fender concert-style acoustic for inspiration. The Tim Armstrong Hellcat is based on Armstrong's own classic instrument, with modern appointments including high-quality onboard electronics. A great guitar for pop, rock, folk and more, it has a solid mahogany top for especially sweet sound and a satin-finish maple neck for smooth playability.
- Tim Armstrong signature model, concert body style acoustic-electric
- Fishman® Isys™ III pickup system with active preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls
- Natural-finish solid mahogany top with scalloped “X” bracing, mahogany back and sides
- Maple neck with satin finish
- 20-fret walnut fingerboard with “Hellcat” and double-skull inlays
- Walnut bridge with compensated Graph Tech® Nubone™ saddle
- Body BackLaminated Mahogany
- Body SidesLaminated Mahogany
- Body TopSolid Mahogany
- Body FinishSatin Polyurethane
- Body ShapeConcert
- Body BindingMultiple
- BracingScalloped X
- Rosette70s F Style
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane
- Neck Shape"C" Shape
- Scale Length25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialWalnut
- Fingerboard Radius11.81" (300 mm)
- Number of Frets19
- Fret SizeVintage Style
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width1.69" (43 mm)
- Position InlaysHellcat and Double Skulls
- Truss RodDual-Action
- Special ElectronicsFishman® Isys III System with Active Onboard Preamp and Tuner
- Bridge PinsWhite with Black Dots
- Hardware FinishChrome
- Tuning MachinesVintage-Style with Aged White Plastic Buttons
- Pickguard4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- StringsFender® Dura-Tone® 880L Coated 80/20 (.012-.052 Gauges), PN 0730880303
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagNone
- Included AccessoriesNone
Fishman® preamp with built-in tuner
A Fishman® pickup/preamp system gives your acoustic instrument peerless amplified performance, with a variety of onboard controls and no compromise whatsoever on pure, rich and resonant acoustic tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it, helping to keep your intonation right on the money.
Scalloped bracing is thinner than more conventional bracing. That means that the bracing pattern inside the guitar uses less wood, which means that soundboard mass is reduced. This lets the top resonate more freely, resulting in better tone with more nuance and greater projection.
An acoustic guitar with a solid top literally resonates with a more individual tonal character, more "organic" consistency and a more "true" voice.