Fender Tim Armstrong Anniversary Hellcat
- Well-known as the Grammy-winning founder of influential U.S. punk band Rancid, Tim Armstrong has also carved paths as a well-respected producer [...]
Well-known as the Grammy-winning founder of influential U.S. punk band Rancid, Tim Armstrong has also carved paths as a well-respected producer and indie label owner. A longtime fixture on the punk scene, he has always turned to his old Fender concert-style acoustic for songwriting inspiration. The Tim Armstrong Anniversary Hellcat celebrates 10 years in partnership with Fender, and is based on Armstrong's own instrument from the 1960s, which makes for a great guitar for pop, rock, folk and more. It features upgraded modern appointments such as a solid spruce top, high-quality onboard electronics, gold hardware, and Tim’s signature Hellcat inlay.
- Tim Armstrong signature concert body style acoustic-electric
- Fishman® Presys™ III pickup system with active preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls
- Solid spruce top with scalloped “X” bracing; mahogany back and sides
- Gloss black finish with gold hardware
- 20-fret walnut fingerboard with “Hellcat” and double-skull inlays
- Walnut bridge with compensated Graph Tech® Nubone™ saddle
- Click here to learn more about this artist model.
- Body BackMahogany
- Body SidesMahogany
- Body TopSolid Spruce
- Body FinishGloss
- Body ShapeConcert
- Rosette70s F Style
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss
- Neck Shape"C" Shape
- Scale Length25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialWalnut
- Fingerboard Radius11.81" (300 mm)
- Number of Frets19
- Fret SizeVintage Style
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width1.69" (43 mm)
- Position InlaysHellcat and Double Skulls
- Truss RodDual-Action
- Special ElectronicsFishman® Presys III Preamp/Pickup System
- Bridge PinsWhite
- Hardware FinishGold
- Tuning MachinesVintage-Style with Aged White Plastic Buttons
- Pickguard3-Ply Gold
- StringsFender® Dura-Tone® 880L Coated 80/20 (.012-.052 Gauges), PN 0730880303
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagNone
SOLID SPRUCE TOP
The soundboard provides the most important tonal element of an acoustic guitar. Spruce is the standard choice, as few woods can beat its strength, sound, and dynamic range. Solid spruce tops are known for opening up and sounding better over time.
Scalloped bracing is thinner than more conventional bracing. That means that the bracing pattern inside the guitar uses less wood, which means that soundboard mass is reduced. This lets the top resonate more freely, resulting in better tone with more nuance and greater projection.
FISHMAN® PREAMP WITH BUILT-IN TUNER
A Fishman® pickup/preamp system gives your acoustic instrument peerless amplified performance, with a variety of onboard controls and no compromise whatsoever on pure, rich and resonant acoustic tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it, helping to keep your intonation right on the money.