Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster®
- High-Performance Tele® Elegance Versatile rock guitarist Richie Kotzen has long wowed audiences with his impeccable chops and deft Telecaster artistry, with stints [...]
High-Performance Tele® Elegance
Versatile rock guitarist Richie Kotzen has long wowed audiences with his impeccable chops and deft Telecaster artistry, with stints in Poison and Mr. Big and his own prolific career as a solo artist and sideman. Once available only in Japan, the elegant Richie Kotzen Telecaster guitar is now available worldwide, with features including a beautiful flame maple top on a comfortably contoured ash body, gold hardware and a distinctive combination of DiMarzio® pickups.
- Contoured ash body with bound flame maple top
- Maple neck with large “C” profile
- Maple fingerboard with 12” radius, 22 jumbo frets and abalone inlays
- DiMarzio® DP173 Twang King™ neck pickup and DP384 Chopper T™ bridge pickup
- Three-way pickup selector switch and rotary series/parallel switch (no tone control)
- Gold through-body Telecaster bridge
- Body MaterialAsh with Flame Maple Laminated Top
- Body FinishGloss Urethane
- Body ShapeTelecaster®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane
- Neck ShapeLarge "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeJumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysAbalone Dot
- Truss RodStandard
- Bridge PickupDiMarzio® The Chopper T™ DP384
- Neck PickupDimarzio® Twang King™ DP172G
- ControlsMaster Volume, Series/Parallel Rotary Switch
- Switching3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special ElectronicsSeries/Parallel Rotary Switch
- Bridge6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele® with Block Steel Saddles
- Hardware FinishGold
- Tuning MachinesGotoh® Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard1-Ply Cream
- Control KnobsKnurled Dome Gold
- Switch TipBlack
- Neck Plate4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Other FeaturesBound body top, rear belly cut, top body contour, Richie Kotzen signature on front of headstock
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagNone
Strong and dense, ash is a longtime classic for electric instrument bodies. Notably resonant and sweet sounding, it’s characterized by clearly chiming highs, well-defined midrange and strong low end. It also features an attractive grain that takes lighter-colored finishes especially beautifully.
FLAME MAPLE TOP
This Telecaster features the notably elegant high-end design element of a beautifully figured flame maple top.
Gold hardware imparts an especially elegant gilded look to this instrument—a pleasingly high-end appearance that isn’t overdone or ostentatious, but rather just the right touch of refinement.
LARGE "C" NECK PROFILE
The Richie Kotzen Telecaster features a modern neck with a thicker “C” profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), and a maple fingerboard with a 12” radius and 22 jumbo frets.
The supercharged sound of the Richie Kotzen Telecaster comes from its high-performance pickup configuration, consisting of DiMarzio® DP173 Twang King™ (neck) and DP384 Chopper T™ (bridge) single-coil pickups.
ROTARY SERIES/PARALLEL SWITCH
The Richie Kotzen Telecaster's special series-parallel rotary switch delivers versatile tonality from both pickups.