Play Something Different
Bold and brash, the sound of this dreadnought acoustic was designed to inspire from the moment you pick it up. Featuring a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and 6-in-line headstock, the Redondo Player has a rich, commanding voice that fills any room. The mahogany neck features a comfortable, slim-taper "C"-shaped profile, inspired by Fender’s electric legacy.
The same no-compromise attitude that gives the Redondo Player its uniquely killer vibe extends to every aspect of its construction. It features optimized bracing for superior resonance, a GraphTech® NuBone® nut and saddle, and a Fishman® preamp system that allows you to reproduce the guitar’s natural sound when plugged into an amplifier. Dynamic, distinctive, and versatile, the Redondo Special is sure to inspire.
- Fender-exclusive Redondo body shape
- Solid spruce top; mahogany back and sides
- Fender-exclusive CD-1 Fishman pickup/preamp system
- Mahogany neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; walnut fingerboard and bridge
- 6-in-line headstock
- Body BackMahogany
- Body SidesMahogany
- Body TopSolid Sitka Spruce
- Body FinishGloss Poly
- Body ShapeRedondo
- Body BindingAged White
- BracingScalloped X
- Rosette2-Ring B/W/B
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane
- Neck ShapeSlim "C"
- Scale Length25.6" (650 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialWalnut
- Fingerboard Radius15.75" (400 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret Size2.4mm
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width1.69" (43 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Dot
- ControlsVolume, Bass, Treble
- BridgeModern Viking
- Bridge PinsAged with Black Dots
- Hardware FinishChrome
- Tuning MachinesSealed Nickel
- Pickguard3-Ply Gold
- StringsFender® Dura-Tone® 880L Coated 80/20 (.012-.052 Gauges), PN 0730880303
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Unique Fender Body Shape
This guitar's unique body shape is a Fender exclusive which was first introduced in 1968 and offers a vintage-inspired look with modern tonal characteristics.
Solid Spruce Top
The soundboard provides the most important tonal element of an acoustic guitar. Spruce is the standard choice, as few woods can beat its strength, sound, and dynamic range. Solid spruce tops are known for opening up and sounding better over time.
Fishman Preamp and Tuner
A Fishman CD-1 pickup/preamp system includes a variety of onboard controls for amplifying your acoustic instrument without compromising its pure, rich, and resonant tone. It also features a convenient built-in tuner.
The Strat-style 6-in-line headstock imparts Fender’s rock-and-roll attitude into this acoustic-electric instrument.
Slim-Taper "C"-Shaped Mahogany Neck
The supremely comfortable slim-taper "C"-shaped mahogany neck will feel familiar to electric players and is also suited to acoustic players looking for a slimmer neck.
Walnut Fingerboard and Bridge
With its pleasingly dark look, smooth feel and vibrant tone, walnut is an excellent tonewood for crafting quality acoustic instrument bridges and fingerboards.