Classic Style, Modern Features
Since 1964 the Mustang model has been bringing Fender sound and style to the stage and the studio in the hands of trend-setting players ranging from Nirvana to The 1975. Upgraded with performance-oriented features, this new Mustang sports classic style with modern electronics in an ultra-comfortable short-scale form that's easy to play all night long.
- 24” scale length; “C”-shaped maple neck
- Two Mustang single-coil pickups
- 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets
- Six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge with bent steel saddles
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeMustang®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss Polyester
- Neck Shape"C" Shape
- Scale Length24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodStandard
- Bridge PickupMustang® Single-Coil
- Neck PickupMustang® Single-Coil
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesStandard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard3-Ply Mint Green
- Control KnobsBlack Plastic
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagOptional Gig Bag (p/n 099-1513-206)
- Included AccessoriesNone
- Recommended Case099-1513-106 Urban Short Scale Guitar Gig Bag
PLAYER SERIES PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups are crisp and articulate, a modern tweak of our classic sound.
C NECK SHAPE WITH 9.5" RADIUS AND MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Our “C” neck is comfortable and slim for fast action and effortless bending.
HARDTAIL STRING-THROUGH-BODY BRIDGE
A hardtail bridge enhances vibration transfer resulting in increased sustain while the six individual saddles can be adjusted for precise intonation along each string.
“F”-STAMPED NECK PLATE
Each Player Mustang includes an “F”-stamped neck plate, leaving no doubt as to the instrument’s pedigree.
Adding another fret lets you bend the highest D up to an E, giving you access to four octaves of musical possibilities.
MORE TRADITIONAL BODY RADII
The Player Mustang body is hand-shaped to original specifications.