Fender Player Lead III
- In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new [...]
The Player Lead III, a tribute to the original 1982-only model, features a set of hot alnico Player humbucking pickups, dual-toggle switches for pickup selection and coil-splits, and a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets. Available in Purple Metallic, as well as classic Olympic white and Sienna Sunburst versions.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Player Series Humbucking Pickups
- 3-Way Coil-Split Toggle Switch
- Modern “C” Neck Profile
- Comfortable Lead Body Shape
- 70s-style “F” Logo Tuners
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeLead
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss Polyester
- Neck ShapeModern "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialPau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Dot
- Bridge PickupPlayer Series Alnico 2 Humbucking
- Neck PickupPlayer Series Alnico 2 Humbucking
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard3-Ply Black
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagOptional Classic Series Wood Case: Tweed, 0996106300/Black, 0996106306
DUAL PLAYER SERIES HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
MODERN "C" NECK SHAPE with 9.5" RADIUS AND MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Our Modern “C” neck is comfortable and slim for fast action and effortless bending.
Dual toggle switches offers tonal variety – the top provides pickup selection and the bottom splits the neck or the bridge pickup.
HARDTAIL STRINGS THROUGH BODY STRAT BRIDGE
A hardtail bridge enhances vibration transfer resulting in increased sustain while the six individual saddles can be adjusted for precise intonation along each string.
FENDER "F" TUNERS
These tuning machines offer the look and feel of their classic predeccesors with the added benefit of enhanced tuning stability.