In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
The Player Lead II is an homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape. Available in Neon Green, as well as vintage-correct Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Player Series Stratocaster Single-Coil Pickups
- 2-Way Phase Toggle Switch
- Modern “C” Neck Profile
- Comfortable Lead Body Shape
- 70s-style “F” Logo Tuners
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeLead
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss Polyester
- Neck ShapeModern "C"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Bridge PickupPlayer Series Alnico 5 Strat® Single-Coil
- Neck PickupPlayer Series Alnico 5 Strat® Single-Coil
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard3-Ply Black
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- StringsFender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagOptional Classic Series Wood Case: Tweed, 0996106300/Black, 0996106306
DUAL-SLANTED PLAYER SERIES SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
MODERN "C" NECK SHAPE with 9.5" RADIUS AND MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Our Modern “C” neck is comfortable and slim for fast action and effortless bending.
Dual toggle switches offer tonal variety – the top provides standard 3-way switching and the bottom is a 2-way that puts pickups out of phase when both are on.
HARDTAIL STRING-THROUGH-BODY STRAT BRIDGE
A hardtail bridge enhances vibration transfer resulting in increased sustain while the six individual saddles can be adjusted for precise intonation along each string.
FENDER "F" TUNERS
These tuning machines offer the look and feel of their classic predeccesors with the added benefit of enhanced tuning stability.