Real Deal Feel
With its dual single-coil pickups and smooth playing feel, the Player Jazz Bass is an inspiring instrument with classic, elevated style and authentic Fender bass tone. It’s powerful, rumbling sound is punchy and tight; a growling voice that’s matched with fast, smooth playing feel for a shot of creative inspiration. Ready for action in the studio, or on the stage, the Player Jazz Bass can take anything you can think of—and everything you haven’t yet.
- Alder body with gloss finish
- Two Player Series single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Two volume controls, master tone control
- “Modern C"-shaped neck profile
- 9.5"-radius fingerboard
- Included AccessoriesNone
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Body ShapeJazz Bass®
- Bridge PickupPlayer Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle PickupPlayer Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- ControlsVolume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Bridge4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesStandard Open-Gear
- Pickguard3-Ply Parchment
- Control KnobsVintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate4-Bolt with "F" Logo
- StringsFender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Neck ShapeModern "C"
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodStandard
- Truss Rod Nut3/16" Hex Adjustment
PLAYER SERIES PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
Combining form and function perfectly, the 4-saddle bridge features modern slotted saddles for enhanced tuning stability and punchy attack.
“Modern C” NECK PROFILE
This neck is designed for comfort and performance, with a “Modern C”-shaped profile and a smooth back finish—ideal for almost any playing style.
OPEN-GEAR TUNING MACHINES
A classic design element from the earliest days of the electric bass, the open-gear tuning machines offer rock-solid tuning stability.
MORE TRADITIONAL BODY RADII
The Player Jazz Bass body is hand-shaped to original specifications.
“F”-STAMPED NECK PLATE
Each Player Jazz Bass includes an “F”-stamped neck plate, leaving no doubt as to the instrument’s pedigree.