Geddy Lee Sound and Style
The Geddy Lee Jazz Bass is an exact replica of the tonally singular instrument that Rush's revered bassist/vocalist has riffed away on in front of millions of devoted fans worldwide and on many a mega-selling album. Lee remains an acclaimed and enormously influential bassist and, with mean, mean stride, his best-selling and elegantly styled signature model makes your tone crackle with life and bristle with the energy, with massive low end, guttural midrange and crystal-clear highs.
- One-piece maple neck with thinner “C” profile
- 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets, black binding and black block inlays
- Dual American Vintage single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Custom High-Mass bridge
- Vintage-style tuners
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Gig Bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishPolyester
- Body ShapeJazz Bass®
- Bridge PickupAmerican Vintage Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck PickupAmerican Vintage Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- ControlsVolume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- BridgeGeddy Lee High Mass Bridge
- Hardware FinishChrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Pickguard3-Ply Black
- Control KnobsBlack Plastic
- Neck Plate4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- StringsFender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Other FeaturesBlack Fingerboard Binding with Black Rectangular Shaped Position Markers, Slim Neck Profile, Geddy Lee High Mass Bridge
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck ShapeThin "C"
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Block
- Truss RodVintage-Style Butt Adjust
Slim Neck with "C" Profile
Geddy Lee’s signature Jazz Bass model has a notably slim neck with a "C" profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) for remarkably smooth and comfortable fretting-hand feel.
Bound Maple Fingerboard
The maple fingerboard of the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass is framed in cool black binding.
Geddy Lee High-Mass Bridge
Specially designed with direct input from the acclaimed Rush bassist, the High-Mass bridge on this bass has a cool contemporary look. It also has a lot of metal, which means it has a lot of mass for rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.
American Vintage Jazz Bass Pickups
The phenomenal sound of the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass comes from dual American Vintage single-coil Jazz Bass pickups that "crackle with life" and "bristle with the energy."
Black Block Inlays
The maple fingerboard of the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass features stylish black block inlays.
’70s-Style Stamped Tuners
The Geddy Lee Jazz Bass features the nicely authentic touch of 1970s-style open-gear tuners stamped with the classic Fender script logo.