Express Who You Are
Flea's funk- and jazz-influenced basslines helped propel the Red Hot Chili Peppers to the top of the rock and alternative charts while redefining the role of bass in the modern era. Flea's unique playing style brought a welcome breath of fresh air to the musical landscape of the past four decades, inspiring countless bassists to add a funky touch to their sound while exploring new techniques and harmonic possibilities. To celebrate his enduring influence, we've recreated his prized Shell Pink '61 Jazz Bass that he received from a fan and used to record the Peppers' Stadium Arcadium and The Getaway, as well as with the supergroup, Atoms For Peace.
- Offset alder body; Road Worn Faded Shell Pink nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and 1.5” nut width; Road Worn nitrocellulose lacquer finish on back of the neck
- 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- Dual Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- Special 4-bolt neck plate with engraved artwork by Flea
- Case/Gig BagIncluded: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Included AccessoriesGig Bag
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishRoad Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body ShapeJazz Bass®
- Bridge PickupPure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle PickupPure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- ControlsStacked Concentric Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Bridge4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Vintage-Style
- Pickguard4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control KnobsKnurled Chrome/Black Concentric
- Neck PlateSpecial Flea Neckplate
- StringsFender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishRoad Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape"C" Shape
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard Radius7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeVintage Style
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position InlaysAged White Dot
In a way-cool blast from the past, the Flea Jazz Bass sports a unique Faded Shell Pink finish; this automobile-inspired custom color was originally used on our instruments in the 1960s.
ROAD WORN LACQUER FINISH
This instrument includes a vintage-authentic nitrocellulose-lacquer finish that allows the body wood to breathe with more natural resonance. The Road Worn finish imparts a cool aged look and feel, reflecting the playing miles Flea has put on it.
FLEA LOGO NECK PLATE
In a special touch, the neck plate on the Flea Jazz Bass is engraved with a logo designed by Flea himself.
PERIOD-CORRECT NECK SHAPE
This instrument’s thicker "C"-shaped neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) is sculpted to the most accurate period-correct spec possible, imparting an authentic vintage playing feel straight from the individual model year. This neck profile shape is ideal for those who play with the thumb on the back or side of the neck.
PURE VINTAGE PICKUPS
A major part of the vintage-style sound, look and appeal of this bass are its vintage-style pickups, which deliver pure bass tone, power and performance evoking the great Fender basses of the 1960s.
Channel the early days of Fender thanks to a vintage-style bass bridge with single-groove saddles for a classic look with plenty of stability and sustain.