Product Code: 0117602805
Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster®
- Slowhand Sound and Style Experience the peerless Strat® style of Slowhand himself with the Eric Clapton Stratocaster, one of our most acclaimed and [...]
Slowhand Sound and StyleExperience the peerless Strat® style of Slowhand himself with the Eric Clapton Stratocaster, one of our most acclaimed and enduring artist signature models. With classic design and special features that give it exceptional tonal versatility and effortless feel worthy of one of the world's greatest names in rock and blues, it puts pure Clapton Stratocaster tone and feel straight into your hands.
- Alder body
- Vintage Noiseless™ pickups
- Active mid-boost and TBX tone circuits
- Special “soft V” neck profile
- Vintage-style blocked synchronized tremolo bridge
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishUrethane
- Body ShapeStratocaster®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane
- Neck ShapeSoft "V"
- Scale Length25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeVintage Style
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
- Truss RodStandard
- Bridge PickupVintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle PickupVintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck PickupVintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat®
- ControlsMaster Volume, Tone 1. Master TBX™ Tone Control, Tone 2. Master Active Mid Boost (0-25dB). Mid boost kit
- Switching5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special ElectronicsActive Electronics
- Bridge6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware FinishChrome
- Tuning Machines6-in-Line American Vintage
- Pickguard1-Ply White
- Control KnobsWhite Plastic
- Switch TipWhite
- Neck Plate4-Bolt with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment
- StringsFender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Other FeaturesSpecial Soft "V" Shape Neck, Blocked Tremolo, Active Mid-Boost Circuit
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagVintage Tweed Case
- Included AccessoriesVintage Tweed Case, Strap, Cable
"Soft V" Neck Profile
The "soft V" neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) on the Eric Clapton Stratocaster has a distinctly comfortable fretting-hand feel that takes the more pronounced sharpness of a ’50s "V" profile and "softens" it into a somewhat more rounded shape. Ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.
TBX Tone Control
The first tone control knob operates this guitar’s TBX (Treble Bass Expander) tone circuitry. The knob has a detent at the center position (5) and works like a normal tone control from zero to the detent. Turning the knob clockwise from the detent adds presence and brightness; turning it counterclockwise from the detent rolls off high frequencies.
Active Mid Boost
The second tone control knob functions as an active mid-boost control. Turning it clockwise boosts mid and bass frequencies while decreasing treble frequencies.
The Eric Clapton Stratocaster comes with an easily removable wood block installed between the tremolo block and tremolo cavity wall to keep it from moving, as specified by the great guitarist himself.
Urethane guitar body finishes are especially strong and durable, and will hold colors with great vividness, sheen and clarity for extraordinarily long periods.
9.5" Fingerboard Radius
The fingerboard radius is an important spec that describes the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard. This instrument’s modern 9.5" fingerboard radius is slightly more flattened than a vintage-style radius, but still with enough arc to provide a natural and notably comfortable fretting-hand feel, and to make bending notes easier.