The Classic Design CN models combine the easy playability and distinct tone of nylon strings with the comfort of steel-string spacing. We've replaced the typically wide necks normally found on classical guitars with the same easy-playing neck profile found on all other Classic Design models. As a nod to tradition, the CN-140SCE uses a solid cedar top, along with Ovangkol back and sides for a warm and mellow tone.
The CN-140SCE provides a supremely comfortable experience for players of any skill level—the 'thinline' concert body makes it a perfect guitar for the living room and stage alike, while the single cutaway makes it easy to access higher frets. When the need to plug in arises, this model's onboard Fishman® electronics provide straightforward, yet powerful tonal control.
- Thinline concert body with cutaway
- Solid cedar top with classical fan bracing
- Ovangkol back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Fishman® Classic Design pickup/preamp
- Includes hardshell case
- Body BackLaminated Ovangkol
- Body SidesLaminated Ovangkol
- Body TopSolid Cedar
- Body FinishGloss
- Body ShapeConcert
- Body BindingMultiple
- BracingClassical Fan
- RosetteCD Series Pearloid
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck Binding1-Ply Black
- Neck FinishGloss Urethane
- Neck ShapeFender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialWalnut
- Fingerboard Radius12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets18
- Fret SizeVintage Style
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width1.69" (43 mm)
- Position InlaysSide Dot
- Truss RodDual-Action
- ControlsVolume, Treble, Mid, Bass
- Special ElectronicsFishman® CD Preamp
- Bridge PinsPin-less
- Hardware FinishChrome
- Tuning Machines3-In-Line with Amber Pearloid Buttons
- StringsFender® 100 Nylon Classical Tie-End (.028-.043 Gauges), PN 0730100400
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
Solid Cedar Top
An instrument crafted with cedar offers a more subdued sound compared to denser woods such as spruce, giving it a rounded and warm sound with subtle harmonic sweetness and plenty of low-end projection. It is very responsive to a light touch, making cedar an ideal choice for fingerpicking.
With its comfortably rolled fingerboard edges, this instrument's neck creates an incredibly satisfying fret-hand feel that's ideal for beginning players or experienced pros alike.
Fishman Classic Design Preamp and Tuner
A Fishman Classic Design pickup/preamp system adds peerless amplified performance with a variety of onboard controls to your acoustic instrument without compromising its pure, rich and resonant tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it.
Rosewood Back and Sides
With a pleasingly dark look, solid strength, smooth feel and excellent tonal quality, rosewood is a longtime standard for crafting quality acoustic instruments and gives this guitar an elegant appearance with rich, warm tone.
This guitar combines the easy playability and distinct tone of nylon strings with the comfort of steel-string spacing for a best-of-both-worlds feel.
Hardshell Case Included
The hardshell case features a useful storage compartment, making gig-to-gig transport a cinch.