American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone. The American Ultra Precision Bass features a unique “Modern D” neck profile with Ultra rolled fingerboard edges for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets means effortless action, while the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups and advanced wiring options provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.
Other features include “F”-stamped lightweight vintage-paddle tuning machines with tapered shafts, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
- Alder or ash body
- One Ultra Noiseless Vintage split-coil P Bass® pickup; one Ultra Noiseless Vintage single-coil Jazz Bass pickup
- “Modern D”-shaped neck profile
- 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Includes premium molded hardshell case
- Case/Gig BagElite Molded Case (Included)
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Body ShapePrecision Bass®
- Body BindingNone
- Bridge PickupUltra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Middle PickupUltra Noiseless™ Vintage Precision Bass®
- ControlsMaster Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Bridge4-Saddle HiMass™ (Toploaded)
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard3-Ply Mint Green
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate5-Bolt
- StringsFender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck BindingNone
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck ShapeModern "D"
- Scale Length34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard Radius10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets21
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialBone
- Nut Width1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position InlaysWhite Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Truss RodBi-Flex™
MODERN "D" NECK
Slim with wide shoulders, the “Modern D” neck profile works for any style of playing. Ultra rolled fingerboard edges and a silky, smooth Ultra satin finish make the neck effortless to play.
Built for speed and easy bending, the 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard is rounded near the nut, becoming increasingly flatter as it nears the upper register.
ULTRA NOISELESS VINTAGE PICKUPS
The Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups feature true classic Fender tone without hum.
ENHANCED BODY CONTOURS
The tapered neck heel allows unparalleled access to the upper registers of the fingerboard, while the sculpted rear body contour is designed for comfort.
REDESIGNED ACTIVE/PASSIVE PREAMP
Redesigned for the Ultra Noiseless Vintage bass pickups, this 18 volt preamp features sweeter highs, focused mids and more usable bass. An active/passive mini switch allows you to change modes on the fly.
The HiMass bridge delivers rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.