Fender American Professional II Precision Bass®
- The American Professional II Precision Bass® draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of [...]
The American Professional II Precision Bass® draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
The ’63 P Bass profile neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. The new V-Mod II Precision Bass split-coil pickup is more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and growl the P Bass® is known for.
The American Pro II Precision Bass delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Single V-Mod II split-coil Precision Bass pickup
- ’63 P Bass neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Tapered-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Urethane
- Body ShapePrecision Bass®
- Middle PickupV-Mod II Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- ControlsMaster Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard3-Ply Mint Green
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top
- StringsFender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck Finish“Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape1963 "C"
- Scale Length34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeNarrow Tall
- Nut MaterialBone
- Nut Width1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
V-MOD II PICKUP
V-Mod II Precision Bass pickups are modified versions of our classic vintage pickup designs. Packed with the fundamental Fender bass sound you know and love, these split-coil pickups deliver the vintage warmth, punch and clarity that made Fender a legend.
NEW SCULPTED NECK HEEL
The rounded neck heel and beveled neck-plate improve access to the upper register and make leads easy and comfortable.
HIMASS™ VINTAGE BRIDGE
This precision manufactured string-through or top load bridge adds sustain, resonance and improved attack thanks to a cold-rolled steel baseplate, high mass brass backstop, and chrome-plated brass saddles.
’63 P BASS® NECK PROFILE
Considered by many to be the gold standard of bass neck profiles, American Professional II Precision Bass guitars use the ‘63 P Bass® neck profile. The Super-Natural satin finish on the back of the neck provides a smooth fret-hand feel complimented by rounded fingerboard edges .
POSIFLEX™ GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
TAPERED-SHAFT TUNING MACHINES
Wider at the top than the bottom, the tapered shafts force the string windings downward and keep them tight, resulting in a sharper and consistent break angle over the nut, creating increased sustain and better tuning stability.