The American Professional II Jazz Bass® draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Slim “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and clarity the Jazz Bass is known for.
The American Pro II Jazz Bass delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Two V-Mod II single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim “C”-shaped neck profile with rolled fingerboard edges
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Body ShapeJazz Bass®
- Bridge PickupV-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle PickupV-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- ControlsVolume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Bridge4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesFender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard3-Ply Mint Green
- Control KnobsVintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- StringsFender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishSatin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck ShapeSlim "C"
- Scale Length34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets20
- Fret SizeNarrow Tall
- Nut MaterialBone
- Nut Width1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position InlaysBlack Dot
V-MOD II PICKUPS
V-Mod II Jazz Bass pickups are voiced specifically for each position, slightly overwound for punch and presence, yet retaining vintage warmth and clarity.
NEW SCULPTED NECK HEEL
The rounded neck heel and beveled neck-plate improve access to the upper register and make leads easy and comfortable.
HIMASS™ VINTAGE BRIDGE
This precision manufactured string-through or top load bridge adds sustain, resonance and improved attack thanks to a cold-rolled steel baseplate, high mass brass backstop, and chrome-plated brass saddles.
SLIM “C” NECK WITH ROLLED EDGES
The slim “C” features a 9.5” fingerboard radius, hand-rolled fingerboard edges and Super-Natural satin finish for a supremely comfortable playing feel.
ALDER OR ROASTED PINE
This guitar is available in either alder or roasted pine (on select colors). Alder is a classic Fender tonewood with a balanced sound perfect for almost any genre. Roasted pine is a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – upgraded with our roasting treatment, greatly improving resonance.
POSIFLEX™ GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations in the climate. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.